This is a delicious pumpkin cake that I have made many times. I wanted to cut the fat a bit so I substituted some applesauce for 1/2 of the butter and cut out some of the egg yolk. It tasted great and was really moist. I will make it like this from now on!
3 cups cake flour
2 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 egg whites
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12-cup bundt pan.
2. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large mixer bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs individually and beat well. Add vanilla and applesauce and mix well.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for about 60 minutes. After removing from the oven, cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pan. Let cool completely and then pour the cinnamon glaze over cake.
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs. milk
Mix milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Add powdered sugar. If it is too stiff, add milk until you reach the desired consistency.